Caring about your family 24/7

If Family issues are weighing heavily, let us lighten the load...

0151 515 3036 | 07795 060 211

Finance FAQs:

What financial claims can I make against my spouse?

The financial claims that spouses can make against each other are for:

  • Income
  • Capital
  • Pensions
  • Property

What if I reach my own agreement about finances with my spouse?

All private agreements reached between spouses are not legally binding in England and Wales, unless the agreement is converted into a Consent Order, and ultimately approved and sealed by the Court.

What will happen to the family home?

Various orders can be made in respect of the former matrimonial home, including a sale or a transfer into one of the parties’ names. In certain circumstances the property can remain in joint names with one party having to wait to realise their interest in it until a later time in the future e.g. when the youngest child attains the age of 18 years or finishes full time education.

Should you require any further information regarding this, please do not hesitate to contact us.